Bring Your Own Device Program
Let’s review the tech requirements for St. Rose’s BYOD program:
- Every student will be required to have a device designated for learning each day.
- You can choose any laptop that runs on Windows, MAC or Chrome. That includes PC laptops, Macbooks and Chromebooks. Ideally, the screen should be 13” or larger but the smallest acceptable size is 11 inches.
- No software is required. We will be using all web based products including Google Apps for Education. The device must be able to run the Google Chrome web browser.
- Smartphones or tablets will not be recognized as acceptable educational devices for the BYOD program.
- And most importantly, students are responsible for coming to school with fully charged devices. The battery life of devices should last the duration of the day.
- Watch the video above or click here for the list of full requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What s BYOD?
- Why is St. Rose High School allowing students to bring their personal devices to school?
- What is an approved device?
- Are there suggested accessories?
- Are students expected or required to bring in a personal device?
- Do I have to buy a new device or can my student use one that we already own?
- Will students be able to recharge devices during the school day?
- What network and Internet access will be available?
- Will the personal device be required to use the school’s wireless network?
- What if a student’s device is stolen or damaged?
- Is there access to school printers from a device brought from home?
- Will students be able to use ear buds or other types of headsets?
- May I use software, applications or programs of my own?
- What if a student forgets his device and needs it for class?
- Can an administrator revoke a student’s BYOD privilege?
- I have another question that you haven’t answered yet. What should I do?