Becoming a St. Rose Graduate
Academic requirements for admission exist for certain courses at St. Rose High School. No student may take a course without fulfilling these qualifications. Because the school schedules for a school year in the previous spring, the student's first semester marks determine placement for the following year. Placement rests on past performance and, in some cases, standardized testing.
|Physical Education/Health/Driver's Education
|Fine or Performing Arts
|1 each year
The school year is divided into two semesters. Most classes are full year; however, upper class students may choose among semester electives in English, Business & Technology, Science, Social Studies, Fine and Performing Arts. Upon completion of a full year course, a student earns five high school credits for classes meeting five days a week; and six for lab sciences. Students register for seven courses each semester.
- Elective courses are required each year.
- SRHS requires a specific service component as a graduation requirement.
- College acceptance is required to graduate.
- Students must register for seven courses each semester.
- All Seniors must apply and be accepted into college.
*St. Rose High School requires 2 years of a world language but strongly encourages 3 or more.